Stipended position available: Volunteer coordinator
Sunday, 03 February 2013 23:26
No More Deaths is accepting applications for the following stipended position. Please apply by February 24, 2013.
||April 1, 2013–October 31, 2013
|Basic description of the position
||This position serves the needs of NMD by coordinating volunteers who are providing direct aid in the field. From April through October, this position focuses on coordinating summer volunteers and their placement at the desert camp(s) in the Arivaca area and any other places NMD currently works and where a need exists for volunteers.
||No More Deaths experience is highly recommended.
|Job duties and requirements
Office management (shared with logistics coordinator):
- Ensure that all recruitment materials are posted on the NMD website and distributed widely.
- Screen applications and send pre-arrival supplemental materials to volunteers.
- Respond promptly to volunteer information requests by email or phone.
- Assist in the coordination of volunteer transportation to and from sites.
- Serve as point person for volunteer concerns or questions and assume responsiblity for bringing these to core group as appropriate.
- Work with site leaders and others as appropriate and serve as a liaison between visiting volunteers and NMD-Tucson. This includes utilizing protocols to mediate concerns pertaining to volunteers.
- Communicate weekly with site leaders regarding volunteer needs, provide leadership team in advance with information pertaining to volunteers scheduled for upcoming week (i.e., name, hometown, skills, medical information).
- Maintain contact with those providing housing for volunteers.
- Work with larger group to ensure that volunteer support infrastructure is able to respond to NMD’s ongoing and year round needs.
- Provide volunteer information to finance committee point person.
- Coordinate and organize local volunteers, as needed, to help fulfill the requirements of the job.
- Attend NMD’s Monday night meetings, Desert Aid and other working group meetings.
- Work closely with the logistics coordinator as a team.
- Greet visitors and be prepared to explain the work of NMD.
- Welcome new volunteers and provide informational materials and volunteer applications.
- Respond to telephone, mail and email correspondence in a timely manner.
- Serve as NMD liaison to St. Mark’s and meet with office staff as needed.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Refer inquiries to appropriate persons, such as working group facilitators.
- Unlock doors and prepare space for NMD meetings.
- Ongoing site visits (location to be determined by current needs).
- Participate in and assist in facilitating working groups as required by current needs.
||The job duties outlined above are to be agreed to with the following support:
- Monthly stipend of $1200
- Cell phone provided by No More Deaths
- Access to NMD vehicle
- NMD to convene a small group to meet with the volunteer coordinator on a monthly basis to provide ongoing support and feedback